An essential piece of digital transformation, cloud computing has become prevalent throughout the world. In fact, 90% of companies today are on the cloud in some form. Cloud adoption has exploded recently as companies of all sizes have begun to realize the many benefits of migrating. Lower fixed costs, automatic software updates, mobility, flexibility and easier collaboration are all very attractive to businesses. Whether you’re looking to grow, become more secure or better serve your clients, the cloud is essential to your success.
How To Leverage The Cloud
While a large majority of businesses have adopted cloud technology, many do so in a limited capacity and only for certain tasks. The future is most certainly in the cloud, and as time goes on, organizations will need to use the cloud to remain competitive, increase security and ensure business continuity. The most common uses of cloud computing include:
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Hybrid cloud and multicloud
- Test and development
- Big data analytics
- Cloud storage
- Disaster recovery
- Data backup
Implementing Multi-Cloud Infrastructure
“66% of executives from 19 different industries said a multi-cloud strategy is crucial to reducing costs.” Aside from the savings you’ll experience but leveraging a multi-cloud infrastructure, there are several other reasons organizations choose to go this route.
- Avoiding vendor lock-in: Many organizations opt for multi-cloud because they want to avoid being tied to a single cloud provider.
- Customizing the cloud to business requirements: If various apps in your business require different functionalities, a multi-cloud solution may let you maintain existing functionalities and processes rather than adapting to fit the capabilities of your cloud provider
- Mitigating risks from potential cloud outages: When you’re in multi-cloud, the outage of any one cloud platform is less likely to harm the business overall
The Cloud Is More Secure
When it comes to security, statistics show that 85% Of Enterprises are storing their sensitive data in the cloud. “Cloud computing is often far more secure than traditional computing, because companies like Google and Amazon can attract and retain cyber-security personnel of a higher quality than many governmental agencies.” Some other reasons the cloud is a more secure option include:
- Cloud architecture is homogeneous
- Public cloud providers invest heavily in security innovation
- Patching and security management are consistent
- Security architecture changes are much easier
- Continuous compliance assurance
- Resilience to threats
Alto9 is a Cloud solutions firm created to help customers migrate to, and make the most of Amazon Web Services. Cloud computing is a rapidly changing paradigm that requires a specialized focus, and our Amazon Certified engineers have the depth of experience and know-how to make sure your Cloud infrastructure runs efficiently, securely, and scales with you as your business grows.